Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland’s beta website
Statistics Finland aims to guarantee the accessibility of its web services in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement concerns the Statistical data section of Statistics Finland's beta website at beta.stat.fi/en/statistical-data.
The beta designation means that the site is not yet fully ready and it will not yet replace the content published at stat.fi. However, you can already get acquainted with our renewing publication of statistics on the beta website.
State of accessibility
The Statistical data section of Statistics Finland's beta website is partially compliant with the requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Non-compliances with the requirements are mentioned below.
If you need such content that you cannot use because of deficiencies in accessibility, please contact Statistics Finland’s information services. Email address of information services is firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone number +358 29 551 2220.
The content listed below is not yet compliant with the Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- The site does not provide multiple ways of finding content. (WCAG 2.4.5)
- The border line of the form fields does not meet the contrast requirements (WCAG 1.4.11)
- The links in the main navigation lead to an external service and the link text identifies them as external links (WCAG 2.4.4).
- The email and telephone links of the footer are marked as external links (WCAG 2.4.4).
- The name of the closing button for the beta version is unclear. The name of the menu button for figures is missing. (WCAG 2.4.6, 4.1.2)
- The structure and content of tables used as text alternatives for figures are difficult to understand in some cases (WCAG 1.1.1).
- Only colour is used in figures for conveying information, so it may be difficult to perceive the content of the figure (WCAG 1.4.1).
- The order of contents in the Future publications section does not fully describe the relationships of the content (WCAG 1.3.2).
- The programmatic structure and text content of the Future publications section do not fully convey the information presented visually (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- Using Show results on page makes keyboard focus move to the beginning of the content, so it is difficult to use it with the keyboard (WCAG 3.2.2)
- The title of some statistics pages does not describe the content of the page (WCAG 2.4.2)
- There are minor shortcomings in code quality on the statistics page (WCAG 4.1.1).
- The meaning of the keyword links on the statistics page is not conveyed in the structure and/or text (WCAG 1.3.1).
- The Show more figures button on the statistics pages behaves unexpectedly with some screen readers (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.3.2).
- In the mobile view of the breadcrumb trail, the meaning of the link is not fully conveyed in the link text (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.4.4).
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29 November 2021.
The statement is based on a review of the website's compliance with the requirements of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019, carried out by an external expert organisation.
Feedback and contact information
If you notice any deficiencies in the beta.stat.fi web service that are not listed on this page, please let us know about it. We will do our best to correct the deficiencies.
We will respond to your feedback as soon as possible or within two weeks at the latest.
If you notice accessibility problems on the website, start by giving feedback to us, that is, the website administrator. Receiving a response may take 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be processed.
Supervisory authority’s contact information
Southern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency
Supervision unit of accessibility
Saavutettavuusvaatimukset web service (in Finnish and Swedish only)
tel. (switchboard) +358 295 016 000