About the site
The address of Statistics Finland's web service is tilastokeskus.fi. The site also has a parallel address stat.fi.
Content of the service
The web service is available in Finnish, Swedish and English. The contents are limited in Swedish and English. The contents of the language versions may differ.
The front page contains links to the latest statistical data that are updated on weekdays at 8 am. The release times are given in advance in the release calendar. The front page also comprises topical news, updated key figures and shortcuts to Statistics Finland's key services.
The Statistics section comprises statistics by alphabet, topic, keyword and producer.
The Metadata section contains descriptions of the statistics, classifications and definitions of the concepts used in the statistics. The section also includes information on statistical data protection and data protection descriptions.
The Data collections section provides information about data collections carried out by Statistics Finland and gives instructions to respondents.
The Products and services section includes information on Statistics Finland's service selection, such as research services, interview services and information service. The section also contains a wide array of statistical services, such as databases and indicator services.
The Statistics Finland section presents Statistics Finland as an organisation and describes the agency's national and international cooperation network.
Web browsers and responsiveness
The web service works with the most common browser versions. The website is responsive and its content gets scaled according to the terminal device.
At the moment the website cannot be used without accepting cookies, but we are about to change the practice so that it is possible to deny cookies. Cookies can be turned off from the browser settings.
When you use the site, your browser saves a small file on your computer called a cookie. By means of cookies we collect the following information:
- The organisation that has registered the IP address (so-called whois data)
- Name and address of the page the visitor is on
- The time when the page was loaded
- The previous page the visitor was on (so-called referrer data)
- Type, version and language of the visitor's browser
- Screen resolution and number of colours of the visitor's monitor
- The visitor's operating system and its language
We do not collect such information from which an individual user could be identified.
The site contains third party plug-ins, such as Youtube videos embedded in the pages. Such third party plug-ins can set cookies according to their own principles.
The attachment files in the web service are mostly in PDF and xlsx format (Excel). For reading PDF files you need a specific reader program, which can be downloaded free from the Adobe website.
Part of the web service contents can be subscribed to as RSS feeds. The RSS feed icon can be seen on all Statistics Finland web pages on which an RSS feed can be subscribed to. The feeds are available in Finnish, Swedish and English. The contents of the language versions may differ.
- Statistical releases: http://tilastokeskus.fi/media/rss/2.0/julkistukset_en.rss
- Statistical releases by topic, e.g. Housing: http://www.tilastokeskus.fi/media/rss/2.0/aiheet/asu_en.rss
- Statistical releases by statistics, e.g. Prices of dwellings:http://www.tilastokeskus.fi/media/rss/2.0/tilastot/ashi_en.rss
Open data and interfaces
The interfaces offered by Statistics Finland to open data users can all be found on the Open data pages.
The state of accessibility of Statistics Finland's different web services has been described in the accessibility statement of each service.
- Accessibility statement for the stat.fi website
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland's data collection forms
- Accessibility statement for Findicator web service
- Accessibility statement for the table service of Statistics Finland’s publications
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland Finna
Further information about the accessibility of Statistics Finland's web services is available by email at email@example.com.
Further information about accessibility can be found in Finnish and Swedish on the accessibility website maintained by the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Data protection descriptions
Statistics Finland's data protection descriptions can be found in Finnish and Swedish on the Data protection descriptions page.
- Data protection descriptions of statistical data
- Data protection descriptions of research data
- Data protection descriptions of customer and stakeholder registers
The aim is to keep the contents of the web service correct and timely. We invest in the reliability of the web service, but there may be technical problems in the web service. Statistics Finland is not responsible for any costs or damages that may be caused by possible errors or technical problems.
Contact information and feedback
You can send feedback with the feedback form or by email at verkkotoimitus(at)stat.fi.