The thematic pages on gender equality contain statistical data on the position of women and men, and gender equality in Finland. The pages comprise key statistical data by theme and links to pages of statistics related to various topics and other data sources.
Statistical data on equality between women and men are also available in the publication Gender Equality in Finland 2021.
Statistics Finland’s statistics are principally based on register and survey data that cover the entire population or age groups. The typical source data is the Population Information System. Thus, statistics on gender equality generally deal with the two legally recognized sexes, women and men.
In 2016 to 2017, Statistics Finland chaired the UNSD’s Inter-Agency and Expert Group on Gender Statistics. The expert group coordinates and controls the UN’s Global Gender Statistics Programme.
In 2018–2020, we co-chaired the UNSD’s Inter-Agency and Expert Group on Gender Statistics together with the Statistics Bureau of Japan. Further information about international cooperation is available on the Links page.
- Total working hours of women and men on the same level for the first time in 2020 to 2021 (Statistics Finland 10.11.2022)
- Cases of domestic violence against minors reported to the authorities increased by 6.7 per cent (Statistics Finland 5.10.2022)
- Gender Equality in Finland 2021 (statistical publication), Statistics Finland 2021
- She Figures 2021 (European Comission 24.11.2021)
- Median earnings of wage and salary earners were EUR 3,217 per month in 2020 (Statistics Finland 11.10.2021)
- 8th United Nations Global Forum on Gender Statistics (8GFGS), 30 Sept - 1 Oct 2021
- The life of women and men in Europe - A statistical portrait - 2021 interactive edition (Eurostat 19 Oct 2021)
- Job quality profiles reveal division: men clearly more often in "good jobs" than women. (Tieto&trendit 5 Mar 2021)
- EU Gender Equality Index (EIGE, European Institute for Gender Equality)
- World's Women 2020 (United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs 19 Oct 2020)
- Gender Equality Barometer 2017 (Ministry of Social Affairs and Health 23 Mar 2019)
- Gender statistics (Eurostat Statistics Explained, 8 March 2016)
- Over one-half of those with foreign background moved to Finland for family reasons (Statistics Finland / News 15 Oct 2015)
Last updated 29 Sep 2023